SATURDAY, 11 DECEMBER 2021 FROM 09:00-10:00
A relaxed, supported, early morning at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery for families with additional sensory needs to explore the gallery – and take part in some open-ended, creative activities – before it opens to the public at 10am .In December we will become ice adventurers and explore the Thomas Joshua Cooper exhibition!
– A warm welcome from our experienced Artist team
– Very limited numbers
– A quiet breakaway room for those needing their own time and space
– Individual materials packs for families to use during their visit and take home
– A visual story emailed to you before your visit
– An optional email/telephone conversation before your visit to talk about how we can support your families needs
– if this would be helpful
– Visitor services staff trained in autism awareness. This morning is designed for children, and their families, who would enjoy a quieter, more personalised visit, including children with autism spectrum conditions, other sensory processing differences or access needs. Please note that the gallery opens at 10am to the general public, when you will be welcome to explore the whole gallery.