Talking Mats Accredited Course – NHS Lothian Speech and Language Therapy Department
Our next Talking Mats training course is:
Tuesday 7 April and Tuesday 21 April 2020 – 1.30- 4.30pm
Where? Newbattle Medical Practice, Mayfield, Midlothian, EH22 4AA
Cost? £60 (This covers your registration with Talking Mats and includes a symbol set.)
Talking Mats is a framework that uses symbols to help people with communication problems express their opinion/view on a question, topic or issue.
To come on this course you need to:
- Be willing to try Talking Mats with people you support soon after completing the training.
- Be able to attend both training sessions
On the Course you will:
– Receive feedback on you using Talking Mats from the group to support and improve learning.
– Gain knowledge, skills and confidence in using Talking Mats
– Film yourself using Talking Mats, usually with a colleague or family member between sessions
To apply for a place please fill in the attached form and email it to: TalkingMatsTraining@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk
If you need to speak to someone call Kelly Evans on 0131 537 9928.
Payment details will be given when you are successful in reserving a place. Payment needs to be made by 31 March 2020 in order to register with Talking Mats. Confirmation of a place will only be given once payment has been received.
*Please let us know your job title, what organisation you work for and contact phone number when you apply. We prefer to have a mix of professions on each course.