West Lothian College Course starting August 2020
This course for young people in West Lothian aged 16 to 29 who have a learning disability and/or autism, and who are leaving school or are looking for work. We run the course jointly with West Lothian Council supported employment team and NHS Lothian.
What the course includes
• Project SEARCH is for people with learning disabilities or autism who are completing their school education, leaving college or job seeking.
• Project SEARCH is a one year academic programme that runs from August to June, five days a week, Monday to Friday 9-4pm.
• Project SEARCH is for students who want to get full time jobs.
• Young people who take part will spend their whole working day on site at St John’s Hospital.
• They will complete three work placements called rotations. Each rotation lasts for approximately 10–12 weeks.
Why choose this course
• The chance to take part in a variety of work placements for NHS Lothian.
• More independence, confidence and self-esteem.
• Work–based individual instruction and feedback.
• Coaching and support from the college lecturer, job coach and department managers.
• The skills and experience needed to get a job and keep it